In this article you will be given instructions on how to install the "Colorpick Eyedropper" tool as-well as a tutorial on how to use it.
The Eye Dropper tool will allow you to select color values displayed on your screen. Whether you have an existing site with your company's colors or happen to come across a website that displays colors you would like to use in your website , you can easily download the "Colorpick Eyedropper" (Free Chrome Extension) and begin extracting the information you need.
- How to Install The Eye Dropper Tool Extension
- How to Use The Eye Dropper Tool Extension
How to Install The Eye Dropper Tool Extension
1. First, visit the Eye Dropper link: Click Here to Get the Eye Dropper Tool
2. Next, select the blue "Add to Chrome" button referenced in the example below.
3. You will then be prompted with a pop up window asking it you would like to "Add the Extension" or "Cancel." Select the "Add Extension" option referenced in the image below.
4. After you have added the extension, the Eye Dropper icon will appear in the top right hand corner of your web browser, which should similar to the icon circled below.
How to Use The Eye Dropper Tool Extension
1. Start by going to the website you would like to extract the color value from.
2. Next, select the Eye Dropper tool in the top right-hand side of your web browser.
3. A window will appear in the top right-hand side of your screen that will look similar to the image depicted below.
4. Now simply hoover over any color on the screen you wish to extract the color value from and select it. Your color value will then appear in a box similar to whats displayed in the image below.
All that's left to do is apply this color value to the custom color fields requested in the Global Settings Menu.