- How to Access Product Categories
- How to Add a New Product Category
- Information Requested When Creating a New Product Category
- How to Export a Product Category
- How to Print a Product Category
Before Getting Started: Navigate to Product Categories
1. First, on the “Welcome Home” screen, select the “ECOMMERCE” module located to the left-hand side of your screen in the sidebar menu.
2. Next, in the drop-down list select the “Catalog” option, followed by the "Product Categories" option.
3. You will now be prompted with the "Product Categories" window.
How to Add a New: Product Category
To add a new product category, select the blue “Add New” button located towards the top right-hand side of your categories window.
Note: Listed below is the information that will be requested (with a brief description of each field) when adding a new product category.
Information Requested When Creating a New Product Category
- Category Name: Give your new category a name.
- Category Type: Category will either be "Store" or "Restaurant Menu". If you are adding a product you will need to select "Store" as the category type. The "Restaurant Menu" category type is only used when building a food menu.
- Category Description: Give a brief description of your category.
- Category Parent: If you would like to make your new category a subcategory, select the category parent drop-down menu, and select which existing category your wish to hold dominance.
- Filters: If you want to display filters on your category page you can select the filters here that will be added. Note: you will need to create your filters prior to adding them to the category.
- Category Page URL: This is the URL web address for your Category Page
- Category Page Title: This is the title of your category page. Example: Men's Board Shorts | The Clothing Shack
- Image: Access your file manager and assign a custom image to your new category.
- Sort Order: This is the order in which your categories will display on the Category Page.
- Home Special Category: [In BETA]
Once all required fields have been filled out, be sure to save your work by selecting the blue "Submit" button in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen.
How to Export: Product Category
1. When on your Product Category screen, select the blue "Export" button located towards the top right-hand side of your screen next to the print button.
2. Next, from the dropdown menu, select which format type you wish to export as.
Note: The following format types are permissible for exportation: Excel, CVS, PDF
How to Print: Product Category
1. When on your Product Category screen, select the blue "Print" button located towards the top right-hand side of your screen next to the export button.